What Information Does Verjet Collect?
We collect information about your use of our Site. We also gather various types of personal information, as explained in more detail below.
- Personal Identification Information. We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, register on the site, place an order, fill out a form, subscribe to the newsletter and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and credit card information. Users may be asked to provide additional information upon applying for Verjet’s Net Terms. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities. .
- Non-Personal Identification Information. We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer, and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
- Information You Provide to Us. We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. In some cases, we may request additional information to validate your business, such as photos of your store or your social media profiles. In some cases we may request or require information such as your tax identifier or other government-issued numbers or financial or lease records to establish your account limits. If you create an account or place an order with us, we may collect personal information such as:
1. Retailers. When you register or sign up as a Retailer with Verjet, we will collect your first and last name, phone number, email address, and password. If you place an order to purchase goods from a Vendor through Verjet, we will also collect information to facilitate that order, such as your shipping address, phone number, and payment information.
2. Vendors (i.e. Sellers). When you register as a Vendor with Verjet, we will collect your first and last name, company name, website, address, phone number, and any other information you provide. If you are accepted as a Vendor for Verjet, we may ask for additional information. When you receive an order through Verjet, we will collect information to facilitate that order, such as your Tax Identification Number and bank account information so we can pay you.
- Using the Site. When you browse and use our Site, we collect information about the items you browse, show interest in, and buy.
- Communication With Us. We collect personal information from you when you communicate with us, for example when you request information about our Site, contact our Support team, or register for our newsletter.
- Information Collected From Third Parties. We may collect information about you through a referral program, such as when a Verjet Retailer or Vendor refers one of their existing customers, leads, or partners to Verjet. If you have been referred to Verjet but wish to opt out of emails from us, please contact us as explained below.
We may receive information about you from other sources, including to supplement the information we have collected about you. In some circumstances, we may receive payment performance information to evaluate your eligibility for our Net Terms program.
We may offer third-party integrations. If you choose to integrate third-party applications with Verjet, we will collect personal information as part of that integration. Because each third-party service you may choose to integrate collects different personal information, the detail in which information will be collected will be explained during the integration setup process. For more information on integrations, please contact us as described below.
How Does Verjet Use The Personal Information It Collects?
We use the information we collect about you for various business purposes as described below.
To provide you with our services on our Site
- Enter into a contract with you
- Allow you to set up a User Account and profile
- Fulfill your requests for products and services
- Allow you to create and share content with others
- Communicate with you about your account and send information including technical notices, updates to our Site, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- Determine your order or account limits and eligibility for Net Terms
- Process sign-up’s/applications, transactions, and payments
- Facilitate communications between you and other users
For our legitimate business interests
- Analyze how you use the Site
- Understand user interest and engagement on the Site
- Engage in marketing or sales outreach
- Provide customized content, offers, or Services, including marketing content via email, postal mail, social media, SMS, or other channels, subject to applicable laws
- Research and develop the Site
- Improve and streamline our Site
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud
- Detect security incidents; protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity
- Ensure quality control
- Debug to identify and repair errors
- Enforce our Terms and policies
- Audit or other compliance activities
To comply with our legal obligations We retain and use your information in connection with potential legal claims, and for compliance, regulatory and auditing purposes. For example, we retain information where we are required by law, or if we are compelled to do so by a court order or regulatory body. Also, when you exercise any applicable legal rights you have to access, amend or delete your personal information, we may request identification and verification documents from you for the purpose of confirming your identity. With your consent, Verjet may collect and use personal information based on your consent. You can revoke your consent at any time (either through our Site directly or by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org), though note that you might not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of that personal information.
In exceptional cases we may further process your personal information to protect your vital interests or as further required for the public good.
De-Identified & Aggregated Information
We use personal information to create de-identified, aggregated information such as: information about demographics, de-identified location information, information about devices used to access our Site, and de-identified, aggregate information on transactions on our Site that help our users understand and optimize sales.
Automatic Collection Technologies
Our use of automatic collection technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, and local storage objects (together “Cookies”) fall into the following general categories
- Strictly Necessary: Technologies that allow you to access our Site and use our features, and tools that help us identify irregular site behavior and prevent fraudulent activity or improve security.
- Personalization: Technologies that help us personalize advertising and content for you, such as by making inferences about your interests based on the content you interact with on our Site, which informs future selections of content or advertising.
- Measurement: Technologies that collect information about your use of our Site, including measuring, understanding, and reporting on your usage of the Site.
- Information Storage and Access: Technologies that store information or provide access to information that is already stored on your device, such as your shopping cart.
APIs & SDKs
We may use third-party APIs and software development kits (“SDKs”), which may allow third parties to collect personal information about you for various purposes, such as to conduct analytics, verify your business when you register with Verjet as a Retailer or Vendor, provide customized content, or otherwise streamline the Site. For more information about our use of APIs and SDKs, contact us as described below.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent User’s personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may offer third-party integrations and use service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalfs, such as sending out newsletters or surveys.
Sensitive Personal Information
We ask that you not provide us with any sensitive personal information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site, or otherwise to us.
As noted in the Terms of Service, we do not knowingly collect nor solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register for the Site or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 18 may have provided us with personal information, please contact us as described below.
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and personal information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other personal information we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
How We Protect Your Information
Verjet Inc adopts appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and data stored on our Site. Verjet Inc takes precautions to protect your information. When Users submit sensitive information via the website, their information is protected both online and offline. When Verjet Inc collects sensitive information (such as credit card data), it is encrypted and transmitted securely. Users can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of their web browser or looking for "https" at the beginning of the web page’s address.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over an SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
While Verjet Inc uses encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
What Are My Privacy Rights & Choices?
Users may opt-out of any future contacts from us at any time. Users can do the following at any time by accessing "My Account" on the Site or directly through email or telephone.Users can update their account information in the “Account Settings.” Users can edit, or in some cases, delete the following information provided to Verjet.
- Email Address
- Payment information
The information you can view, update, and delete may change as the Site change. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us as described below.
Subject to the requirements of applicable law, you may also have privacy rights including:
- Access Data and Portability: You may have the right to receive a copy of the data and related information we have about you and request us to transfer all or some of this data to a third party.
- Request Correction of Data: You may request that we update or rectify the information we have about you.
- Request Deletion of Data: You may request that we delete any information we have about you, including your entire account, by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Request Restriction of or Object to the Use of Your Data: You have the right to express concern about our use of your data. You may have the right to opt-in or out of certain uses of your data or object to all your data processing. Note that if you do not provide some types of information, You will not be able to use some parts of the Site.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as described below. We will process your request in the time and manner required by law. To protect your privacy, we may take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request, such as by asking you to log in to your Verjet account or confirm your email address. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your privacy rights. The rights above may be limited in some circumstances, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, where they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to your request. If you wish to designate an authorized agent to make a privacy request for you, please email us from the email address associated with your Verjet account and inform us of this designation, along with the designated agent’s name and email address.
If you have questions about your data rights, contact us as described below. In the event you have unresolved concerns, you also have the right to contact your local data protection authority.
We store personal information for as long as you use our Site or as may be necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected, provide our Site, resolve disputes or establish legal defenses, enforce our Terms or other agreements, engage in audits, protect our Site, prevent fraud, comply with the law, or for legitimate business purposes.
What If I Have Questions About This Policy?
510 W 6th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90014